Old barns with barn siding and recycled building materials
At the bottom of the page are some old barns that need to be recycled. There is a lot of good used lumber in these old buildings.
Most of these barns are in rough shape. They have become an eye sore and a safety hazard. These old barns make perfect candidates for an architectural salvage project.
Have a barn you want to list?
Here are a list of details that should be included in your listing:
We reserve the right to delete postings that have incomplete information.
1. Good pictures! You can upload up to four pictures with your listing. Please take advantage of this feature. This will help wood salvage companies to determine if your old barn wood is right for them.
2. Size of the barn. For example 40×60.
3. Size of beams and boards. You don’t need to measure every board in your barn….unless you want to. But you need a good idea of the sizes of your beams. Are they mostly 8×8? Or 10×10?
Is the barn siding 1×10 planks? 3/4x 8 ship lap? Tongue and groove?
4. Is the siding painted? Or weathered gray?
5. Does your barn have hay lofts?
6. Are the beams rough sawn or hand hewn? ( hand hewn beams will have axe marks in them)
7. Does your barn have a shingled roof? Cedar shakes? Tin?