As you can see from the pictures the barn is in good shape except for part of the front basement wall under one of the entrance doors.It was built sometime between 1880 and 1920 and is all post and beam. The length is 115 ft by 36 feet wide with a traditional camelback roof that peaks at about 40ft high. The farm originated back in 1833 as a gristmill for the Ottawa valley, built by two enterprising scottish immigrants. The creek going through the property was dammed for a waterwheel operation. This lasted until 1858 when a new mill was built in the adjacent town and put the original out of business. The new owners built a large brick house and started farming with the barn being completed in the early shortly after. It was quite a large operation with at least 5 hired full time labourers with large workhorses for the heavy work and cropping. The basement of the barn was cattle and horse quarters with piped running water. The heat from the animals kept the water supply from freezing in the winter. The barn has been used for storage for the past 15 years.